Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Point Lobos Hike



Amazing hike with amazing friends!
Today my friends and I went hiking in Point Lobos Reserve, just south of Carmel, Ca. Even on a foggy day this place is still beautiful. There were quite a few people there today and one guy was nice enough to stop and take this picture of us:) I'm not really sure why, but I go through spells in life of wanting to be closer to nature. Maybe it's because I just started a new job and this is a way for me to clear my mind. To me, hiking is very healing. Not only do you have an abundance of endorphins running through you, but the colors, sights, and sounds remind me how small I am and how insignificant my problems are. When I was little, my Dad used to take my brother and I for hikes pretty much every other weekend. Being the 'mountain-man' that he is, we hiked for HOURS... at a young age. At the time I absolutely hated hiking! I can still hear my Dad's voice saying annoying things like, "No pain, no gain." and "No water until we get to the top." Now when I look back I realize it was more than just hiking. It was one of those inconspicuous life lessons that we take for granted. Life is like one big hike! We travel uphill and then back down again. We have lots of bumps in the road and beautiful things to look at along the way. Am I the type of person who just stares at the ground underneath my feet watching every step and anticipating the next obstacle in order to make sure that I don't make a mistake? Or am I the type of person who keeps focus on the goals ahead while taking the time to enjoy the journey I'm on and taking in the beauty all around me? I think the answer is that we are all a little bit of both. So that's my inspiration for the day. My goal is to try a little harder to see that there is always beauty and goodness in the world if we can only take the time to stop looking at our feet and enjoy this adventure we call life ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest